Saturday, August 15, 2009

You probably don't know this about me...

I LOVE to cook!
I'm always being asked for recipes...
Probably because I tend to keep things
simple. Don't you hate it when it takes 3 trips
to 3 stores to find the ingredients for a recipe?
I do!!!
Well, a dear friend said I should start
posting my recipes...so here you are!
I'm going to do this once a week.
My goal is to keep it simple...
inexpensive and fun!
I hope you all will enjoy my recipes!!!!

This tome of year tomatoes are everywhere...
and they need to be used!
This is one of my favorites!

Jennifers Salsa
Combine:
1-8oz can tomatoe sauce,
2 med tomatoes chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 serrano chile chopped
1 jalpeno chile chopped
1/2 tea sea salt
1 tsp garlic salt
2 cloves garlic, pressed
a pinch sugar
a few shakes hot sauce

Blend ingredients in a bowl and cover.
Refrigerate covered at least 3 hours...
taste at 1 1/2 hours...
adjust with hot sauce...

Be sure to wear plastic gloves when chopping chiles!!!
If you aren't into hot things...use only half the seeds!

This will keep for at least 3 to 4 days
Enjoy!!!!

jen

2 comments:

Joy @ The Vintage Rabbit said...

Oh My GOSH!!! This looks so yummy.. I can't wait to try it!!! I am soo glad..my friend that you are going to share your recipes with us!!!


Good Luck with your new idea!!!
Pioneer Woman...eat your heart out!!!


ox,
Joy

p.s... I do love the pioneer woman!!!

Michelle said...

Oh Jen, my dang blogroll wasn't updating your blog and several others. Grrrr!! I missed a bunch of stuff. This salsa looks DElicious! You're right, I didn't know that about you. I only know your crafty side but this doesn't surprise me one bit!

xoxo

Michelle