Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Dollmakers Journey

I never really know what I'm doing until
it's done.
What I mean is regardless of how clear my
origional vision is, the end result can
easily be something totally different.

Like yesterday, this doll started out
as Marie Antoinette...
then my mind started to wander.
last weekend my husband and I went out
to dinner. Like most peopl e these days, we
don't go out that often. I was so sad
to see how many of our favorite little
places were out of business!!
Then yesterday running errands, I started counting all the little places around town
with signs saying " everything must go"

Needless to say, I came home with a
very clear idea...
I think we could ALL use a
Fairy Godmother these days!! It was almost
like she designed herself...I just did as she
asked.

I'm looking forward to better days
for all...

xoxo,
jen

4 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Ohmigosh, she's beautiful!

xoxo, L

Jennifer said...

I love the Marie Antoinette feel!!!!

sandra Lee said...

It is a sad time for small, wee businesses...I do know that I am thankful I closed my little shop before I was too stressed and sick over the worry of not going into debt. The good thing is knowing that my "fairy godmother" will guide me again if I so happen to open up a sweet little shop again. I love your creation Jen!

laura dellaporta said...

she's just beautiful!!!! she is the blogging Fairy Godmother for all of us.... Bless you.. xoxoLaura