Friday, May 8, 2009

True Love!

Here in Northern California I'm surrounded by alot of different types of birds...it's pretty awsome.
We've got geese, wild turkeys, woodpeckers, just to name a few.
My favorite of all are the doves. For alot of reasons...I love the fact that they mate for life! The little sound they make is so sweet, and their faces! How beauitiful!
Another reason they are so special to me is that my Grandmother loved them as well. I remember she had a pair of ceramic doves on her little end table. Next to the doves there was almost always a small flower arrangement...she was really good at that. To this day when I see a pair of doves, I think of those ceramic ones of my Grandmas. It's a good thing!!
I've been trying to come up with new and different designs lately...which is why there weren't many posts from yours truely. Too busy pulling my hair out!!!
Anyway, back to the doves. I designed Miss Bling out of wool, then painted her. The flowers and jewels are vintage...She seems quite pleased with her diamond necklace!

xoxo,
jen
ps
I haven't mentioned this in a while, but if anyone is interested I do sell my designs...and take paypal as well !!

No comments: